-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/>scale=1.0,minimum Sidewalk Darlings: ASANTE wears clothes inside out

Wednesday 25 April 2012

ASANTE wears clothes inside out

BUNCH of girls roller-blade on the sidewalk, singing opera songs. Passers-by glare at them in utter bemusement. In Asante's expert opinion, the style zealot of the bunch is Claire; the girl singing soprano. She wears her psychedelic print dress inside out. ASANTE trips over a sidewalk bench owing to his fix gaze on her attire.


Asante (showing off inner stitchings on H  M inside out sweatshirt)






NEXT DAY ASANTE AND HIS CHUM, LINDSAY, STRUTS DOWN THE SIDEWALK


LINDSAY: (laughs)


Do you like dressing in the dark? Or did you dress in HASTE? Or did you spill something nasty on the outside of your clothes?






ASANTE:


I wonder why you asking such stupid questions.




LINDSAY:


Well, I noticed you've been wearing your clothes inside out recently. Today is no exception. This is funny....




ASANTE:


You TURD. Why didn't you tell me this before?






LINDSAY:

Sorry. I meant to bring it to your attention, I just forgot. Better late than never. No wonder pedestrians have been giving us funny looks




ASANTE:


Who cares!






LINDSAY:

I do




ASANTE:


I don't. In fact, I think it's FUN to wear my clothes like this






LINDSAY:


Don't mess with me. You can't be serious


...........................................................................................................




ASANTE TOLD LINDSAY ABOUT CLAIRE; THE SOPRANO WHO INSPIRED HIS LATEST SIDEWALK LOOK







LINDSAY: (incredulously)


Chum, you are crazy. Honeslty, I think you're taking this Sidewalk Looks too far. What will you think of next? wearing your clothes BACKWARDS?....Here. (hands jacket) WEAR it over your shirt NOW.




ASANTE:

What for?





LINDSAY:

Lots of people are here for the sidewalk sale, they will laugh at us if they see you wearing your clothes like that. You must hide those stitchings





ASANTE:

I'm proud to show off this look, so keep your jacket. If you're so worried about making a fool of yourself, then jog on. Real talk




LINDSAY:

I'm trying to help you, so don't be rude





ASANTE:

You're either gonna continue support me on this project or NOT...My only regret is that the seams and stitchings on my clothes are not more noticeable. UGH!






LINDSAY:

 
Stop this crazy thing chum. Are you on drugs or something?





ASANTE:

Wishing you could pull of this unique look?





LINDSAY:

This look is WEIRD, not unique




ASANTE:

 Whatever!
How many times have I seen you with your clothes inside-out, yet I still stood by you





LINDSAY:

Nothing wrong if I wear my pyjamas inside out. I was in my own private home. The difference is, you are on a PUBLIC sidewalk. Don't ever think these people will fail to notice how RIDICULOUS your clothes look, just because they are busy searching for bargains. If no one talks to us today, you'll be the reason.




ASANTE:

Whatever...Only last saturday, a jogger pointed out that your sweatshirt was inside out. Have you forgotten that already? I happen to like my clothes inside out, okay?





LINDSAY:

Atleast, I had an excuse....Don't you realize how gross you look wearing your clothes like that. UGH




.
ASANTE:

..an excuse? You should be ashamed of even mentioning 'an excuse.' I'm sure everyone will prefer to see me wearing my clothes inside out....SOBER...than you doing the same but DRUNK as hell...And what about the time you were spotted on the sidewalk in two different shoes? One black, one brown....






LINDSAY: (laughs)


.....I must admit, that was hilarious



ASANTE: (joins in laughter)

It's good when you can laugh at yourself sometimes. Life is too short to take things so seriously. Trust me, wearing your clothes inside out is FUN


.........................................................................................................................
Lindsay (before turning jacket inside out)


LINDSAY:

So are you telling me that you saw this (indicating a finger) ONE girl wearing her clothes inside out, and that inspired you to follow?




ASANTE:

Actually, I did spot some pedestrians doing the same thing, but I thought it was madness. However, this girl made the look, look so cool and on trend, I couldn't resist. You should try it sometimes.




LINDSAY:

I don't know



ASANTE:

Tell me something. Do you wash your clothes inside out?




LINDSAY:

Yes. Why?




Same here. However, beforeI do my laundary,  I don't have to go through the trouble of turning each piece of clothing inside out, because I was wearing them inside out already



LINDSAY:

I see.

..................................................................................................................................

LINDSAY:

I normally fold my washed clothes inside out



ASANTE:

If you wear them inside out, you wont have to turn them inside out again. Besides, when you wear your clothes inside out, you get double value for money, if you know what I mean



LINDSAY:

You mean I get more wears out of them. I never thought of that




ASANTE:

And if you ever discover your clothes is inside out after buttoning up, don't worry. Go about your business without correcting it. It's funny, but it's fun




Are you tryin to make a fool out of me?



ASANTE:

Hell no! I just want you to join the style party....Another reason why you might fancy inside out dressing is, the brand label will be increasingly visible....


.....Really. This is sounding better by the minute. You should have said that in the begining


ASANTE:

I know....I know how much you like to show off your brand of clothing



Indeed. I must admit I admire your smart genes 




ASANTE:

Thanks...By the way, if you can't be bothered to turn your clothes inside out every time, you can always pick up clothing at H & M and TopMan with the stitchings on the outside. In fact, my current attire is from H & M. My Fearsome and Handsome collection needs a few more similar pieces, so lets stop on the way.


You mean even the stores are into this trend?


Yes. Well, I don't know if it's officially a trend, but I do know that,  these stores are cottoning on in the name of profit. You should cotton on in the name of Sidewalk Looks
on the way to H & M and Topman to help Lindsay find some inside out clothing


.......................................................................................................................

please LIKE http://www.facebook.com/allthaTRAGE

please follow and share  SIDEWALK THEATRE http://allthatrageseries.blogspot.com/

please share and follow this blog; SIDEWALK LOOKS 

No comments:

Post a Comment