-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/>scale=1.0,minimum Sidewalk Darlings: Rotimo at London Fashion Week

Saturday 9 April 2016

Rotimo at London Fashion Week

Styles UltrA: (gushes rhythmically, coughs) Like a spring, summer daffodil, blooming at the top of the hill. How unassuming! That’s what keeps me swooning – all morning. Yes…That ridiculously fierce top hat! Oh my gosh! Like a STRIKING fedora, it's perfection. What a show it's putting on! I'm happy I show up at London Fashion Week. That treat amazes and excites the whole fashion week set. The sartorial elements are all superb, but mark my word, I'm EXCELLING at paying most attention to that crème de la crème; actually - busy staring; just like I'd I spotted a FLAMING fedora. LFW SS16 AW16
The Fashion Week fashionista walking the sidewalk at London Fashion Week is Rotimo; the Musician; a purveyor of authentic Nigerian music. Steal his inimitable style by coupling a statement top hat by VILLAGE HATS with JOHN SMEDLEY scarf, Isaia blazer, Valentino jeans and Berluti boots. On the other hand, London Fashion Week cheerleader, Mr Styles, er, UltrA, flaunts his trademark NEFARIOUS style. This features, tailoring, biker boots, biker jacket, neck tie, knitwear and a formal white shirt.
https://www.facebook.com/zokaya.kamara
Styles UltrA: I'd like to comment how er, awe-inspiring and Outstanding your suit looks today. OMG! OMG! ! OMG! Finally, I spot a suit that I can enjoy watching, more times than any self respecting stylist can count. What a challenge it would be to design a better styling of this pedigree! It's the definitive, unquestionable ambassador for the ‎London Fashion Week menswear aesthetic. No wonder the huge smile, you have effortlessly out-styled, especially with that top hat, the the whole fashionable pile. Something tells me this is something that you do all the while. http://allthatrageseries.blogspot.com
Rotimo: Thank you. Thank you VERY much.
Styles UltrA: What was the inspiration behind this super cool and dapper aesthetics?
Rotimo: Er, You know what; I'm just inspired by anything that I like. I tried on a top hat once and I just thought it was AMAZING, so I kept that look ever since. I like anything that looks trendy, different….

Styles UltrA: I understand COMPLETELY. I tried on a fedora seasons ago, everyone loved it, I LOVED it. What can I say, fedoras take my breath away. I have been rocking one, every day, ever since. Like a fedora, I agree with you that your hat is a top hat; it’s super amazing. Needless to say, all the other elements in this sartorial delight are ultra trendy.


Rotimo: Thank you. Thank you very much.
Styles UltrA: What fashion brands are actually you rocking?

Rotimo: The top hat is from Village Hats

Styles UltrA: Like a spring, summer daffodil, It’s blooming. How unassuming! That’s what keeps me swooning – all morning. Yes…That ridiculously fierce top hat! Oh my gosh! Like a STRIKING fedora, it's perfection. What a show it's putting on! I'm happy I show up at London Fashion Week. That treat amazes and excites the whole fashion week set. The sartorial elements are all superb, but mark my word, I'm EXCELLING at paying most attention to that crème de la crème; actually - busy staring; just like I had just spotted a FLAMING fedora.

Rotimo: The coat, I actually don’t know the designer’s name…
Styles UltrA: Well, that’s a, er, name – I'm highly keen on discovering. Nonetheless, that outerwear is simply mind-blowing.
Rotimo: The jeans are Valentino

Styles UltrA: I love the design and most importantly, the midnight colour palette, you know. Completely! That scarf – is slowly stealing my admitting heart.
Rotimo: Oh yes! The scarf, I don't know..(what fashion house it's from)

Styles UltrA: It's fine - that scarf!
Rotimo: (laughs obstreperously)

Styles UltrA: How would you caricature your personal style? If today was not, you know...( London Fashion Week)
Rotimo: I’d define my personal style as, erm, ME. It varies from time to time. That’s just who I am. Yes!

Styles UltrA: So would you classify yourself as a style chameleon?
Erm. Yes. Pretty much! This top hat is something that I keep within my style. But everything else around, I try to change. We try to keep it modern.

Styles UltrA: That top hat is, er, something else. Modern, effortlessly edgy. You pull of the new age aesthetic with sprezzatura and flair.
Rotimo: Thank you. Thank you very much!

Styles UltrA: Just out of curiosity, how may hats do you entertain in your collection?
Rotimo: I have 6.

Styles UltrA: Oh my gosh! That’s a stupendous number of hats. Why do you have so many?
Rotimo: I Can’t keep wearing the same colour…

Styles UltrA: Fair enough! That would not be the most EXCITING style to adopt. What do you like about elegant hats, such as top hats and, er, fedoras?

Rotimo: I think it has, er, certain, erm, charisma. It’s cute. Sometimes, it might not work with a certain outfit, but I think the hat brings a different dimension to the look.

Styles UltrA: Look! I should write that profound insight in my book. Well spoken. Listen! All the fashion week fashionistas hearts’ are SERIOUSLY broken – by that token. Cross my heart; I'm not joking. London Fashion Week! What is that all about?
Rotimo: London Fashion Week is the same as Fashion Weeks across the world. People get together to celebrate fashion…The beauty of fashion.

Styles UltrA: London Fashion Week is such a beauty. What a cutie!...
Rotimo:…Whatever it represents to them
Styles UltrA: Succulent observation. Do you look top external sources for style inspiration when you dress?
Rotimo: Erm! (takes deep breath) Not any more. I have a pretty clear idea of the type of style that I like. So even though sometimes it will be influenced…

Styles UltrA: …Yes...I understand, sometimes it’s hard not to be influenced by the catwalk trends, streetstyles, celebrities – inadvertently and unwittingly…
Rotimo: That’s right
Styles UltrA: On the other hand, you dish out inspiration, you don’t have to initiate it from stylists, fashion editors. You can write the style book

[BOTH ENGAGES IN RAUCOUS LAUGHTER]

Styles UltrA: ...You can write the aesthetic tutorials...Before you walk the sidewalk, may we have your permission to publish this video on our youtube show called Sidewalk Darlings?
Rotimo: Yes. That's absolutely fine.

Styles UltrA: Like fedora hats, that top hat is absolutely fine....
Rotimo:....As long as I can shout out to Rotimer Encore
Styles UltrA: Yes!
We have an event coming up at the 02 Arena
INSTAGRAM - SidewalkDarlings
TWITTER - @ZokayaKamara
Contributing Fashion Editor of Sidewalk Darlings - Zokaya Kamara
[SUBSCRIBE to our youtube chanel - SidewalkDarlings
SidewalkDarlings - http://sidewalkDarlings blogspo
SIDEWALK - http://allthatrageseries.blogspot/
Portraits by Miss Sivan


No comments:

Post a Comment