-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/>scale=1.0,minimum Sidewalk Darlings: RUI WANG at London Fashion Week (ss17)

Tuesday 13 December 2016

RUI WANG at London Fashion Week (ss17)

er Styles Rocker: (exudes rhythmically) H&M! Hmm, that’s My House, of the moment, PVRIS. It’s my personal pleasure to be the first  Frock Tune designer to discover this intoxicating element at London Fashion Week 

https://www.facebook.com/SidewalkDarlings/

er Styles Rocker:.... Hey Paramore I’m, Still Into You, but, admittedly, I’m also in love, with that obstreperously edgy fedora, by H&M, I’m sure. If it’s, astonishingly, not from heaven, Rui, where on earth did you unearth that, erm, ethereal gem? I’m its biggest fan, number one! What a fedora. It’s on fire! I am speechless, to be candid. They do not design fedoras like this anymore, I have NEVER seen better aesthete. Once a winner, always a stunner. Suzanne, don't touch it, you'll get burnt. It's that HOT. No wonder it lights my fire. When tomorrow comes, may I borrow…?. #LFW #AW16 #SS17

Aste: (explains to a visibly intrigued Rui) Look! A statement element is missing if a fedora does not complete an chic outfit, in Styles Rocker’s book. He’s helplessly hooked to them, it seems. Strike a pose, please.

er Styles Rocker: Hello! For a moment, I was under the impression that, like me, you are a student of Style and Aesthetic because your London Fashion Week stylying, is so breathlessly on point. The bewitching, sprezzatura attire literally knocks my socks off. I REALLY admire every single aspect of the shockingly stunning work of art…Occasionally, I’m Only Happy When it Rains. Today, however, I'm elated because I am in the presence of the fedora of the moment. Clearly, it’s an utterly imaginative design, a sublime therapy. What’s not to love? The uproarious elegance; like a pet dove, a fashionable drone, is chicness epitome. . PARAMORE, That's What You Get when you attend London Fashion Week

RUI: (smiles, pleasingly) www. twitter.com/zokayakamara

The fashion week style maven walking the sidewalk at London Fashion Week is Rui Wang. Steal her inspiring style by coupling a runway fedora by H&M with Louis Vuitton handbag, Orangebear culottes and sneakers by Sam Smith, sorry, I meant , Stan Smith. Actually, she studies Fashion Management at University of Manchester.

er Styles Rocker: This outfit is perfect for London Fashion Week, London Fashion Week Men's and London Fashion Week Festival. It looks on trend, stylish and inspiringly chic. That fiery fedora has the star role, the highlight, the epitome of Fashion Week style and aesthetics. Can you tell me what fashion house elements you are rocking? www.instagram.com/SidewalkDarlings

RUI: erm

er Styles Rocker: What fashion house designed that fedora hat?

RUI: The hat (touches fedora, possessively) is H&M

er Styles Rocker: H&M! Hmm, that’s My House, of the moment, PVRIS. It’s my personal pleasure to be the first  Frock Tune designer to discover this intoxicating element at LondonFashionWk. Hey Paramore I’m, Still Into You, but, admittedly, I’m also in love, with that obstreperously edgy fedora, by HM, I’m sure. If it’s, astonishingly, not from heaven, Rui, where on earth did you unearth that, erm, ethereal gem? I’m its biggest fan, number one! What a fedora. It’s on fire! I am speechless, to be candid. They do not design fedoras like this anymore, I have NEVER seen better aesthete. Once a winner, always a stunner. Suzanne, don't touch it, you'll get burnt. It's that HOT. No wonder it lights my fire. When tomorrow comes, may I borrow… I want it. The other elements are nice also 

RUI: (shows off psychedelic shirt)…

er Styles Rocker: That shirt is by what designer?

RUI: (speaks)

er Styles Rocker: Spell it out for me, please.

RUI: (spells) …

er Styles Rocker: Oh, That blouse is, in essence, a BEGUILING goddess. I LOVE  the bellowing, bell-shaped silhouette of the sleeves.

RUI: Yeah

er Styles Rocker: The slouchy, exaggerated aesthetic is highly striking. I LOVE the Complete elegance…Those trousers! Wow!

RUI: The same brand

er Styles Rocker: The same brand. Stylish! That bag! What fashion brand is it, please?

RUI: LV

er Styles Rocker: Unmistakeably! Thanks for the confirmation. It’s an immersive, therapeutic design. It’s funsctional, chic – it’s simply photogenic. Every single aspect knock my socks off…Those shoes! Sneakers?

RUI: (shows off details at back of sneakers)

er Styles Rocker: What trainers, I mean who is the footwear designer?

RUI: Stan Smith

er Styles Rocker: Not to be confused Sam Smith; another HUGE talent; I'm Not the Only One, who ABSOLUTELY loves the green stripe at the back; it contrasts beautifully with the overall white colour palette. Are you here for London Fashion Week?

RUI: (big smile) No!

er Styles Rocker: Oh, you were just walking by and your discerning eye caught the spectacle?

RUI: Yes

er Styles Rocker: That’s immersive! Have you heard about London Fashion Week before?

RUI: (shakes head, smilingly) No! It’s my first time.

er Styles Rocker: Wow! Well, welcome. Well, at London Fashion Week all the established and emerging designers, showcase their Spring/Summer 2017, womenswear collections, on the catwalk. On the sidewalk, however, the WHOLEsome fashion week set, show off their inimitable personal styles.

RUI: (nods)

er Styles Rocker: When I first spotted your ensemble, I thought it looked super immersive, so I really had t capture it, for the Gallery of Sidewalk Darlings

RUI: (smiles broadly) Thank you

er Styles Rocker: You are welcome. So how do you describe your personal style? How do you like to dress, from day to day?

RUI: (trys to find the right words)…I try to look good, so casual is important

er Styles Rocker: How many fedora hats have you set aside in your wardrobe?

RUI: (dilated, bewildered eyes)]

er Styles Rocker: (repeats for enhanced clarity) How many fedoras do you possess?

RUI: Maybe over ten

er Styles Rocker: Oh my gosh! What do you have so many? You are just one fashionista, you need only a few.

RUI: (chortles)

er Styles Rocker: Why on earth do you have so  many? What do you do you like about them?

RUI: It’s the point of the outfit…

er Styles Rocker: …the WHOLE point…

RUI: So if my hair….I wear my hat….

er Styles Rocker: Oh, so it keeps your hair tidy and neat. What other justification for matching your outfit with a fedora? For instance, when you plan your outfit with this elegant blouse and chic pair of tailored trousers, why did you match them with that fedora?

RUI: (smiles broadly)

er Styles Rocker: Why do you have a vested interest in so many. Why are you so weak, for fedoras?

RUI: erm, it’s hard to say (laughs). I just choose a hat – not for some special reason (laughs)


er Styles Rocker: Oh, okay, that’s fine, that fedora, of course. So basically, I’d like to know, erm (searches for the next question to ask).. where are you from, incidentally?

RUI: China,

er Styles Rocker: From China?

RUI: Yes.

er Styles Rocker: We LOVE China, you know. Today, I went to (shows off a goody bag from JD Fashion) Do you recognise this brand? I went to their catwalk show today

Okay

er Styles Rocker: Erm, JD Fashion (Jd.com)

RUI: Yes.

er Styles Rocker: You know the brand?

RUI: (speaks in Chinese) Yes. (smiles)

er Styles Rocker: Today I attended the following JD catwalks ; Eve de Cina, By Creations, Kevin Kelly, X. Lando and Ne Tiger. Five designers showcased their collections. Needless to say, the designs were all IMMERSIVE. Your style is similarly ultra impressive…So you had ni idea what was happening here?

RUI: (laughs) Yes.

er Styles Rocker: Because I just told you, Basically, you are in tune to Planet London Fashion Week. You are the best dressed lady here. To be honest, I have been waiting SEVERAL hours now to spot the most awe-inspiring style. Even the outfits being rocked by the show’s esteemed fashion editors, who dressed up particularly for the event, do not measure up to yours.

RUI: (laughs) Thank you

er Styles Rocker: That’s YOU. I’m really happy to have this surreal opportunity to curate your breath-taking style today…Before you walk the sidewalk, may we have your permission to publish this video on our youtube show called Sidewalk Darlings

RUI: Oh

er Styles Rocker: It’s okay?

RUI: Yes!


                                       [EARLIER]

er Styles Rocker: What do you do?
Rui Wang. (that’s her name)

er Styles Rocker: Speak a little louder for me, please

RUI: (speaks)….So I’m a student

er Styles Rocker: You’re a student?

RUI: Yeah!

er Styles Rocker: What do yu study?

RUI: The University of Manchester.

er Styles Rocker: A reputable academic institution; somewhere where any self-respecting Fashion Editor would like to read their journalism course…What do you study though? Fashion Design?

RUI: Management

er Styles Rocker: Fashion Management?

RUI: Yes (smiles)

….

Portrait by Aste

No comments:

Post a Comment