-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/>scale=1.0,minimum Sidewalk Darlings: Kamiylah at London Fashion Week (AW16)

Sunday 6 March 2016

Kamiylah at London Fashion Week (AW16)

Mr er, Styles, UltrA: (gushes, er, rhythmically) That Fedora! Does it look ultra exciting right now? OmgYes! The most marvellous fedora hat, EVER. A winning accessory. Spotting a fedora at London fashion week is an experience of a lifetime, but spotting this one is extraordinarily special; a dream, a thought. Such brilliance! Do you have style icon? ‎LFW ‎aw16 SS16 https://www.facebook.com/TheSidewalkDarlings
The Fashion Week fashionista walking the sidewalk at London Fashion Week is Kamiylah, Stylist and Personal Shopper at Selfridges. Steal her functional yet uber chic aesthetic by coupling a statement fedora by French Connection with American Apparel leggings, ALDO shoes, H&M cropped top, and Topshop jacket. On the other hand, London Fashion Week cheerleader, Mr, er, is self-styled in his typical VINTAGE, model fedora (boutique in China) which he teams with Ciao Italy tailored coat, vintage waistcoat, Melka sweater, Blue Inc scarf and Trussardi classic, formal shirt.
Mr er, Styles UltrA: outfit looks SUPER amazing today. This London Fashion Week outfit rocks. Someone, give this stylist a styling deal, PLEASE. I just LOVE London Fashion Week. You know what I love about it. It's super rare - it's staged only twice for the year. Each year, I look forward to this sartorial showcase, so much, and when it finally comes, I'm especially elated, when it leaves, I get seriously deflated I just want to slap its derrière and say see you next year.
KAMIYLAH: Thank you.
Mr er, Styles, UltrA: I'd really really would like to know the inspiration behind this, er, divine aesthetic.
KAMIYLAH: Erm. I LOVE fur. This (touches fur jacket) is a piece which I had for awhile. It's VERY vibrant. The hat (felt fedora) I have a collection coming out at the end of the year. SO this is something which inspires me, which I wear all the time. I really like fedora fedora hats. So - good stuff!
Mr er, Styles, UltrA: Every element looks gorgeous in its own right. I absolutely love every element you you skilfully incorporated in his beautiful ensemble.
KAMIYLAH: Thank you
Mr er, Styles, UltrA: Speak a little louder for me, please. Okay?
KAMIYLAH: (murmurs agreement)
Mr er, Styles UltrA: What do you LIKE bout London Fashion Week?
KAMIYLAH: Everything! To see people; their styles, see them in their elements...Everyone has his/her own creativity....You get to know all the current trends, past trends...
Mr er, Styles UltrA: You seem t be deeply knowledgeable about fashion and London Fashion Week...
KAMIYLAH: ...Yes...
Mr er, Styles UltrA: What do you, do by the way?
KAMIYLAH: I'm a Stylist and Personal Shopper...(passing traffic drowns out her speech)
Mr er, Styles UltrA: (groans, apologetically) Sorry. Owing to that RACKET just now, I didn't not hear a word of what you said
KAMIYLAH: (laughs)
Mr er, Styles UltrA: Sorry about that. So please explain again what you do please.
KAMIYLAH: What was the question again?
Mr er, Styles UltrA: What do you do?
KAMIYLAH: I'm a stylist and Personal Shopper. I have my own business at the moment; with my own clientèle I am a Personal Shopper in Selfriges. My collection will be coming out later this year and I'm REALLY looking forward to it.
Mr er, Styles UltrA: Stylish! Enterprising! Oh brilliance! I bet you have other sartorial talents hiding. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours...How do you define your personal style?
KAMIYLAH: ...My personal style (ruminates) I'd say it's VERY unique. In the sense that it's a mix of what I like. And it kind of represent myself....
Mr er, Styles UltrA: So what elements of clothing or accessories would make up your signature aesthetic?
KAMIYLAH: I DON'T; I honestly do not like accessories. I do wear earrings, bracelets and hats; mostly fedora hats. That's as far as I'd go. And I prefer jackets...
Mr er, Styles UltrA:...Cool! So what do you LIKE about fedoras?
KAMIYLAH: I like that they can complete not only a high fashion outfit, but you can wear them with high-street also.
Mr er, Styles UltrA: What's not to love! This one that you are rocking now, really ROCKS. It's the most AMAZING fedora hat I have spotted at London Fashion Week, so far
KAMIYLAH: (laughs, appreciatively)
Mr er, Styles UltrA: I ADORE the two-tone color palette (black and red)...The whole design, the WHOLE silhouette; simply, er, revealing, revelling, APPEALING. Like you, I LOVE fedoras also, so I appreciate how you team it with these other STRIKING, stand-out elements...What fashion labels are you rocking, incidentally?
KAMIYLAH: They are actually ALL High-street brands
Mr er, Styles UltrA: Really! Actually, they boast the charm, appeal and aesthetic of high fashion...
KAMIYLAH: I'm wearing ALDO shoes....
Mr er, Styles UltrA: ...Like my Beb Sherman rogues, sorry I meant brogues, those footwear are simply shimmering; the emanating beauty makes me shiver....
KAMIYLAH: American Apparel leggings, H&M top, Topshop jacket...
Mr er, Styles UltrA: Oh my. That outerwear is super psychedelic. It oozes pure magic; it's mysterious like, er, electric. I must admit, that I want it
KAMIYLAH: ...and....
mr Styles, er, UltrA: Last but definitely NOT least, instead, it's the ultimate best, the undisputed greatest, you save the best for last....
KAMIYLAH:...French Connection hat...

Mr er, Styles UltrA:...That Fedora! Does it look ultra exciting right now? OmgYes! The most marvellous fedora hat, EVER. A winning accessory. Spotting a fedora at fashion week is an experience of a lifetime, but spotting this one is extraordinarily special; a dream, a thought. Such brilliance! Do you have style icon, incidentally?
Erm. (thinks) I DON'T actually look to any style icon....
Mr er, Styles UltrA:...So when you plan this outfit, did you look for inspiration from among the trends that are currently in in vogue now or in the AW16 season
KAMIYLAH: I don't actually....Today is very cold, so I'm wearing something warm....
Mr er, Styles UltrA:....Functionality over style...I adopt that style - super rarely....
KAMIYLAH:...I dont go by present season. I go by what I feel that day. What I want to wear that day....
Mr er, Styles UltrA:....Needless to say, the style that you are feeling today has made my day; In fact, it takes my breath awayl. Doubleness, I'm utterly speechless; I have no clue what else to say. Please, er, stay!
KAMIYLAH:...(concludes her styling) what I want to wear, what I can coordinate, the type of coordination
. Whether it#'';s a cropped top or high-waisted....
Mr er, Styles UltrA:....So far, your styling is on par, on point. I mean, the colour scheme, the textures, every aspect of this attire is so, er, on pint. I'm totally in love with the mind-blowing aesthetic.
KAMIYLAH: Thank you
Mr er, Styles UltrA: Before you walk the sidewalk, may we have your permission to publish this video on our youtube show called Sideweaqlk Darlings?
KAMIYLAH: That's fine.
...
INSTAGRAM - SidewalkDarlings
TWITTER - @ZokayaKamara
Contributing Fashion Editor of Sidewalk Darlings - Zokaya Kamara
[SUBSCRIBE to our youtube chanel - SidewalkDarlings
SidewalkDarlings - http://sidewalkDarlings blogspo
SIDEWALK - http://allthatrageseries.blogspot/

Portraits by Paris Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment