-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/>scale=1.0,minimum Sidewalk Darlings: Hermès Festival des Métiers at Saatchi Gallery

Saturday 8 June 2013

Hermès Festival des Métiers at Saatchi Gallery

Nelson aka the Sidewalk playboy, has always marveled at the sheer BEAUTY of Hermès ties - NOT their craftsmanship or finesse. Therefore, for him, the Hermès Festival des Métiers at Saatchi Gallery was something he was unwittingly praying for; a dream came through. Picture this, like other fans of Hermès, Nelson and his sidewalk friends, Roland and Elin, got the opportunity to privately rendezvous with the exclusively french artisan gods and goddesses, AND, watch as they fashioned, from scratch, stunning ties, bags, leather goods, silk scarves,  watches and other Hermès beauties.





[LOTS OF TRANSLATIONS THROUGHOUT,  FROM ENGLISH TO FRENCH AND VICE VERSA



NELSON

 Elin, I love Hermès ties. I'm so EXCITED to see her make one before my own eyes, I feel like urinating on myself.


ROLAND

PLEASE DON'T...We know that you are a high brand man. I love high brands also. Good thing I have the body and the swagger for them.

NELSON
(clears throat) I just love and admire quality craftsmanship. Thank you for sharing this with us Hermès. Sidewalk playboy and his sidewalk friends at a preview of Hermès live craftsmanship at Saatchi Gallery, this is the FLIPPING future of craftsmanship.

ELIN

These are very CUTE.


NELSON
(to artisan) I love your handcraft. definitely a real treat.



(TRANSLATED TO FRENCH BY English narrator, sorry, English Translator )



Translator, sYRIE:

She said 'thank you.'



ROLAND
I do too. Does it ever gets boring or hard?


(translates from french to English)


Nabilla

It's easy for me to do..I love crafting something out of my imagination. I use my imagination for literally everything

ELIN
You seem to always thinking creatively...is it possible to to turn it off?



....

Madeleine

I'm so OVERWHELMED to meet them, I have no idea what to say, or what to ask them.


Kleider

just say HI!!


Madeleine

Wow. Let me think about that one. Okay, Shall I say I am working for Anna Wintour from American Vogue?


Ballottaggio

Not neccessary. Just say Hi


Madeleine

Okay then....Hi


Joyce

Salut (chuckled)


Madeleine

Very clever idea to say HI....She giggled at me.. (to artisan) I enjoy seeing your AMAZING work on this bag. How long does this process take?



(translated from french) It depends. But generally, this exercise can take up to several days...




Madeleine

Several days? My gosh! I admire the effort and time that you expend to ensure the finer details turn out flawless. Inspiring! It's time for me to stop wasting time and resume my internship in craftsmanship.

(Eager translation)
..........................................................................................

The craftsmanship in this hand carved stock is second to none


Indeed. Great quality and craftsmanship. I am honoured to be a part of this experience



 

They are meticulous at their work.

No wonder fashionistas are prepared to pay the premium prices for Hermès luxury products

The effort invested can be painstaking, and it can take lots of time and patience to see a single process through..
Hermés are timeless and will never date only become vintage

 
Hermés products will NEVER go out of fashion

One of the NUMEROUS reasons why we love them

Hermès products are WAY out of my league

No product is ever out of your league unless you MAKE THEM out of your league

PRECISELY





.................................................

  https://twitter.com/zokayakamara

please LIKE and share this page

https://www.facebook.com/TheSidewalkDarlings/

please FOLLOW  http://allthatrageseries.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment