-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/>scale=1.0,minimum Sidewalk Darlings: Men's Fashion Week

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Men's Fashion Week

WALKING dapifer of style and perrenial follower of fashion, Reshuffle, was looking forward to the inauguration of London Collection: Men. However, one little, rather big, annoyance stood in his way; a protruding belly: UGH! No way could he afford to miss London's very first Mens' fashion Week. His chums on sidewalk bench respond to his SOS..
Instead of walking in Mens' Fashion Week, Reshuffle almost walk past the event's venue. He wore Gap Vest, TopMan  T Shirt, Esprit denim shorts, All Stars converse and, er, spandex from....



                                              RESHUFFLE:

CHUMS! I MUST get rid of these love handles...Who will rescue me with a spandex for men tank top, I can't go to Mens fashion Week, looking like an OAF


                                               MICHELLE
Count me out. You love eating too much, now you are looking for the easiest way out. How lazy!



                                               RESHUFFLE:
Well, I tried cutting back on how much I eat and excercise, a little more, but NOTHING is working so far. And time is running out. UGH!



                                               MICHAEL:
You left it a little late, I'm afraid. It takes time to see any meaningful results. Otherwise, attend the event with your paunch. Just let it OUT chum! Hardly anyone will notice it.


                                                MICHELLE:
Well, You got to do, what you got to do. I could lend you my whale bone corset. It works but you may find it difficult to breathe though.



                                                 RESHUFFLE:
Thanks! NO offence, but you need it as much as I do


     MICHELLE:
Excuse me!


     MICHAEL
It's the truth though.


                                                  RESHUFFLE:
It's my fault. I had months to prepare for Mens' Fashion Week, but I didn't do a darn thing but stuff myself with food. Ugh!


               MICHAEL
You drank alot as well


                RESHUFFLE:
That's it! Only a liquid diet could prepare me in this short space of time. No Solid food.


                MICHELLE
I make good kale soup

                MICHAEL
Once you had my smoothies, you will want it forever.


                RESHUFFLE:
Thanks chums. I'll Stop Panicking!

...................................................................................


RESHUFFLE wore a spandex to Mens' Fashion Week, no one had to know. He was ready for the show. No backstage passes or drink vouchers. Nevertheless, he and his stylish sidewalk chums were excited to be there, They couldn't wait to peek at the fabulous collections.


                           MICHELLE

Dapper! Just Beautiful. The spandex is working miracles for you, chum.


                           RESHUFFLE:

Only at Men's Fashion baby.


................................................................................................................

  Hundreds of ticket-holders gathered on the sidewalk. As they slowly filed into the building,  Reshuffle distinguished himself as an eminent Sidewalk Presenter, so they willingly volunteered their names and answer his piercing questions.

              
                           PICKLER
Honoured to be the Photographer's assistant. Not getting paid, but that's fine.


 RESHUFFLE
And you?


                          BOB
Runway Assistant...I'll be covering backstage beauty. I'm a key figure in the nail team....This might sound cliched to you, but I'm living the dream...from the sidewalk bench to working backstage of London'd first Mens Fashion Week...Behind the scene, that's where it's at.....



        RESHUFFLE
....And you?


       ELISHA
I'm the photographer. Joking. I'll just be floating around...picking up little stories..Full Access has been authorized for me; backstage, front row, runway,etc. I'm doing the coverage for a SIDEWALK magazine. My first time.



        RESHUFFLE
I am super elated to be here, anyone else?


         GINA
(excitedly)
ME! I'd be pissed if I was unable to make it today. The British Fashion Council DESERVES  thumbs up for dedicating a fashion week just for men.

..............................................................................
                                                                                                                            BACKSTAGE


It felt like summer backstage; the posing models were HOT and, er, SUPER skinny.


                       MICHAEL
                (chuckles)
No doubt some of the best looks here are the models themselves


                        MICHELLE
No doubt man! The Models are my favourite looks. It's a pity Mens' Fashion Week lasts only 3 days. UGH!

                         RESHUFFLE:
Wait a minute! Is that Chace Crawford?


Where?


(Points)
There


Oh. Who is this Chace Crawford?


              RESHUFFLE
Never mind!


Is it true that Prince Charles will be here


Who told you that

No One. I read it in the Metro and Evening Standard

..............................................................................................

The curtain came down on London Collection: Men with the Looking Glass's Brandy, You're a Fine Girl. Reshuffle mouthed the lyrics while waiting for his chums to emerge from the toilets. From out of nowhere Pippa appeared.


                                  PIPPA
This is the third fashion event I'm spotting you at, WHO are you?....


                                  RESHUFFLE
  ....and if you planning to be at London Fashion Week in September, it will be the FOURTH


                                 PIPPA
I'm looking forward to the Burberry Show, so see you there. By the way, will you be at the inauguration party?


                                 RESHUFFLE
I haven't had any invitation as yet. But in the meantime, I need to cut down from a size 14 jeans to a size 10. Then I'll be ready for whatever....
...................................................................................



please follow and share  SIDEWALK Darling http://allthatrageseries.blogspot.com/
                                                      www.twitter.com/sidewalkdarling


please share and follow this blog; SIDEWALK LOOKS 









No comments:

Post a Comment